The ball in the ball mill is an important part of the ball mill itself, because if there is no ball, the ball mill can not be crushed, crushed and ground, so it is an important grinding medium. And below, is to familiarize and understand, to ensure that the ball mill can work and use.
1. The specific type of ball mill ball
Ball mill balls, there are many types, including the alumina grinding ball, so you need to know a little, so that you know how to use it properly and make rational use.
Alumina grinding ball, which is made of materials such as bauxite, roller powder, industrial alumina powder, high-temperature calcined alpha alumina powder, etc., which are prepared by batching, grinding, milling, molding, drying and baking. A ball of stone, and is a widely used grinding media. According to different alumina contents, the alumina grinding balls can be divided into three types: medium aluminum balls, medium high aluminum balls and high aluminum balls.
2. Material and shape specifications of the ball mill ball
Ball mill ball material: steel, zirconium, cast iron, manganese cast iron and other metal materials, as well as non-metallic materials such as ceramics and gravel.
Ball mill ball shape specifications: in shape, there are three kinds of spherical, short cylindrical and short prismatic shape; in terms of specifications, mainly for ball diameter, there are 30, 40, 60, 80, 100, 110 and 120, etc. These, however, also have some intermediate values.
In addition to these two specific aspects, it is necessary to consider both the ball ratio and the fill rate. In addition, there are some things to know about it:
(1) The greater the hardness of the material, the larger the diameter of the ball.
(2) If the size of the ball mill is large, the impact force is large, but a steel ball with a small diameter is selected.
(3) Generally, it is a four-level ball. The big ball and the small ball are small. The middle ball is large, that is, "there are two ends, and there are many in the middle."
3. Can the ball mill ball be a steel ball? What are the requirements?
The ball mill ball can be used for impact crushing of the material, and at the same time, has a certain grinding effect. Moreover, whether the ball mill can have a good pulverizing effect is related to whether the grading of the steel ball is reasonable, and also related to the size of the steel ball, the number of ball diameters, and the proportion of balls of various specifications. Its basic requirements for steel balls are:
(1) The steel ball should have sufficient impact force to crush the particulate material.
(2) The steel ball should have sufficient impact times on the material, and the appropriate filling rate and average ball diameter should be determined. The pulverizing efficiency of the ball mill should be improved as much as possible.
(3) The steel ball must have a certain ability to control the flow velocity of the material, so that the material has sufficient residence time in the ball mill.